Monday, May 21, 2007

a muddy day

Last week we went to and island called Jebu to learn about the sea life. We got to the island by driving on a road that 'goes under' when the tide comes in. The west coast here has the second largest tide in the world.


Our students sure enjoyed themselves. For about 2 hours the played and wrestled in the mud, dug for crabs and helped our guide with his catch for the day.
Reuben is helping one of the students get free from the mud. This wasn't the only student that neede his assistance - many had their boots stuck.


Seong Hyun gave up trying and sat down to get his foot free.


I stayed pretty clean, just one little mark on my cheek from Yun Young.
Our guide cut up a bunch of fish caught in his nets so we all tried some of the freshest sushi you will even eat! The students went ape over the little snack and tried so hard to get me to try it. Reuben was braver then me.

After being out there for serveral hours we were all ready to get cleaned up and dried off. Some lucky ones got a ride back... some desperately hitch hiking for a ride.

1 comment:

Lyds said...

Hey Sarah Jane and Reuben.

I found your blog via Jennica's blog. I think I have a blogger account but I never use it.

Bruce and I started a Xanga account of our experience in Korea.

Take care!
Lydia